cluttering the net since 2001


Friday, Jan. 20, 2006
I work from 7:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday thru Thursday and then I work 7:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. on most Fridays. Everyone else I work with works from 9 to 6:15 Monday thru Thursday and then 9 to 5 on Friday. I usually stay until 5 on Friday’s of my own accord because I feel bad leaving earlier than everyone else throughout the week so I hang in there and wait for everyone else to be done with their week before I leave. I have a different schedule because of a rental situation that I cover for for the company. It is need based only, no special treatment involved.

My point to this post though….everyone leaves on Friday at 5 p.m. At 4:50 it came to our attention that one of our co-workers was t-boned by another car as he was leaving the driveway leading out of the office complex we’re located within entering the 6 lane highway that is the highway off of our company. Meaning one of my co-workers that I will call J. left early from work and was in a car accident directly outside of our ceiling to floor windows.

J. is my work friend. We go out to eat sushi every two weeks or so together. J. gave me a copy of Rob Thomas’s CD a few weeks ago and told me that one of the songs belonged to he and his wife…well not belonged but it was there song. J. was injured in today’s car accident and had to be removed from his car by the paramedics. My supervisor and another supervisor ran out to the highway to assist in any way that they could. He was injured and there was blood involved. J. was incoherent.

The strangest thing is no one heard the accident nor would they have. J. is our IT guy and our receptionist called him to get a password for one of the systems. He told her, “I can’t help you…I just got t-boned outside the building.”

I was overcome with the worst feeling and almost an anxious nervousness. J. is due to move to Chicago, IL with his wife. He got married a month before Rick and I did, only he got married in Vegas.

J. is my friend.

J. is a good guy.

J.’s wife had cancer and recently found a lesion in her mouth.

J. just told me and the receptionist earlier today around 3 p.m. about his excitement about going to Chicago and his trepidation waiting for the lesion test results back on his wife.

J. loves his wife and this is one reason I admire and like J. We go out to lunch and he talks the entire time about his wife and I blather on and on about my husband. We then look at each other and say, “we’re the luckiest people in that joint” referring to work.

J. answered his cellphone right after an accident. How weird is that?

Someone from our H.R. department (in another state far far away) had to call J.’s wife today and then didn’t have much information.

J’s wife showed up at the scene and was placed in a police car and driven to the hospital.

J. was injured, was incoherent and was bleeding. The extent of his injuries are not well known at this point.

J’s my friend.

Today J. left work early. Unauthorized.

The company will probably fire him so they don’t have to be held liable for any damages that happened to J. and or his car during this accident.

J’ was transferring to Chicago….was….

I just hope J. is ok.

I could not leave work today at 5 or at 5:30. They had to clear away the 3 car collision fallout first.

When I did leave J’s 2005 Chevy Tahoe was just being driven away on a flatbed truck. It is definitely totaled.

I can’t find J. in any hospital to check on him. I’m hoping that’s because he’s not still in a hospital. I have his cell phone number(s) but only reach his voicemail.

11:39 p.m. ::
prev :: next